Monday, October 25, 2010

The first post

Well folks, here we go again. Are we crazy? Are we doing the right thing? Those are the thoughts going through my mind as we start this new journey to give Bryson a sibling...from Ukraine. You are probably wondering how we got here. Well, it most definitely has not been an easy one.

Earlier this year we had started wondering how we were going to give Bryson a sibling. We had always dreamed of going back to Russia, but just knew we could never afford it again. After much consideration, we decided to try IVF since we had some insurance coverage for it. We then began all the testing and started the IVF cycle at the end of June which carried on to August. Very few even knew we were even doing the IVF because we did a good job of hiding it. We figured less people we told in the beginning, means less people to tell if it didn't work. On Friday August 13, we found out the news that our cycle didn't work. A little over a week later we got a phone call from the daughter of a friend. The daughter's best friend was 5 months pregnant and wanted to give her baby up for adoption. She asked if we were interested. Umm...yes!!! We met her a few hours later and the next morning I called the adoption agency she was already working with. Things progressed over the next month and a 1/2. We slowly started getting excited and had started buying things for our soon to be baby girl due in December. Without going into detail, around the beginning of October, our domestic adoption fell through. We were pretty devastated and had no idea where to go from there. After talking with a friend who mentioned the Ukraine program, we called and talked with an agency regarding it. Then after a few weeks of deciding if this was right for us, we decided to go with it and signed with the agency.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so excited for you guys! I really enjoyed following your 1st journey and I am looking forward to another happy ending!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,

    I had no idea any of this happened. I'm so sorry to hear all of that. I understand the reasoning for not sharing, but I wish that I would have known to be there... but, brighter things lie ahead!! So are you requesting a girl if you don't mind me asking? Any names chosen? I love all the "fun" stuff!! :)

    So excited for your family!

    Christen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear more about the Ukraine program and the agency you chose. Best of luck on your new journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! I am so sorry for all you have been through this past year and I hope and prayer your journey to Ukraine and your newest addition is smooth and quick!
    Can't wait to follow you through this!
    Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting! I would love to hear al about Ukraine and the agency you picked! I have a friend locally who adopted sisters from Ukraine if you want to meet her. Her youngest is 4.
    Talk to you soon!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been through a lot the past few months. Looking forward to following your journey to #2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Obviously on the same bumping path we seemed to be on.... but trust that each road goes somewhere. There is an amazing extremely lucky boy or girl out there waiting for you. We are looking forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I check everyday for another update. Hopefully it will be soon! : )

    ReplyDelete