Monday, November 22, 2010

Where we are at

Our home study is finished and on it's way to get apostilled. Then from there, it will be sent to our adoption agency and they will send it (along with a few other papers) to Ukraine. I will also be mailing out the I600-A this week.

A lot of people have asked how long this adoption should take. We have been told it should take a year, but anyone that knows anything about adoption, knows that can always change. We will just keep our fingers crossed that it won't be any longer than that.

We have also been asked whether we will be getting a girl or a boy. We (Bryson and I) really want a girl, but since age is most important to us, we want the youngest possible, we are willing to be flexible with the sex. To me, it's more important for Bryson to have a sibling, then for me to have a girl.

2 comments:

  1. First, YAY!!!! I bet you're happy that the home study is finished! I know I was... Do you know how long it usually takes for the I600 to be processed where you are? I think ours took about a month once they had our completed home study, so I was pretty impressed with that.

    Second, about the sex of the new baby, I think it's really great to be willing to go either way. It makes sense that either way would be great for your family... a boy for Bryson to play with or a girl to complete the little package. It's kind of fun that you will get a surprise, too!

    I'm excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am positive you will find the perfect match for your family! I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete